Student-Athlete and Parent Code of Conduct/Participation Pledge
WPS Student-Athlete Code of Conduct
All student-athletes will adhere to the WPS Code of Student-Athlete Conduct. Also, individual middle and high school athletic programs may have their own code of conduct in order to participate for their program.
WPS Student-Athlete Pledge: As a student-athlete, I am a role model. I understand the spirit of fair play while playing hard. I will refrain from engaging in all types of disrespectful behavior, including inappropriate language, taunting, trash talking, and unnecessary physical contact. I know the behavior expectations of my school and my conference, and hereby accept the responsibility and privilege of representing this school and community as a student-athlete.
As a Worcester Preparatory School Student-Athlete I will,
- Be respectful by using appropriate language
- Treat everyone fairly
- Treat everyone with dignity and respect
- Avoid tobacco products or alcoholic beverages
- Avoid the use of performance-enhancing or mind-altering recreational drugs
- Arrive on time for all practices, meetings, and games
- Fully commit myself to my teammates and coaches for the full duration of the season
- Play by the rules, demonstrating and encouraging good sportsmanship
- Respect the dignity of others by not harassing them
- Represent WPS and myself in a manner that reflects self-control
- Comply will all WPS and team rules and policies
- Report any injury or aggravating condition to an athletic trainer
Consequences for violation of student athlete pledge and conduct guidelines can result in suspension from a team.
WPS Parent Code of Conduct
WPS Parent Pledge: As a parent, I acknowledge that I am a role model. I will remember that school athletics is an extension of the classroom, offering learning experiences for the students. I must show respect for all players, coaches, spectators, and support groups. I will participate in cheers that support, encourage, and uplift the teams involved. I understand the spirit of fair play and the good sportsmanship expected by our school, and our conference. I hereby accept my responsibility to be a model of good sportsmanship that comes with being the parent of a student athlete.
As a Parent of a Worcester Preparatory School Student-Athlete I will,
- Let the coaches do the coaching for all team members
- Support the program in a positive manner
- Be my child's #1 fan, and will let them know how much I enjoy watching them play and leave it at that
- Support all of the team members
- Encourage my child to talk with their coaches
- Understand and display appropriate sideline and game day behavior
- Help my child by keeping his or her priorities straight when it comes to winning versus losing
- Keep sport in its proper perspective